ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS (RCA)
Root cause analysis (RCA) is one of many quality improvement approaches used to identify, understand and resolve any root causes of problems or incidents. It is basically a problem solving technique.
RCA is a relatively new methodology that is continually evolving. Like most Quality Improvement approaches it is not magic; “there is no silver bullet”. It is the application in a different way of a series of well known, common sense techniques which used in a different combination can produce a systematic, quantified and documented approach to the identification, understanding and resolution of underlying causes of under achieved quality in organizations.
To enable trainees to:
- Understand and implement the “Root Cause Analysis methodology”
- Understand and practically employ the basic techniques associated with Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Identify where RCA can be used for best effect
- Coordinate and motivate the RCA team to provide real, tangible solutions to what appears to be intractable quality problems.
- Train others in the RCA methodology
- Provide the opportunity to make real major financial saving through QM&T’s pre and post course supported assignment scheme.
Training’s target audience:
Internal Auditors, Quality Managers, Quality Professionals, Technical Managers & Consultants.