INSTRUMENTATION AND PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
This course will cover the following;
- Basics of I&C, including different control functions, types of control loops, and continuous vs. discrete control.
- Identification and symbols used in I&C.
- Different types of field instrumentation, their principles of operation, their advantages and disadvantages and the application of the different types of sensors for flow, level, pressure and temperature measurements.
- Requirements for control rooms and the design of control panels.
- Concepts and implementation of alarm and trip systems.
- Different types of computer-based control systems, including PLCs and DCSs, as well as basic requirements for good operator interface.
- Documentation required for I&C for front-end engineering and detail design.
- Requirements for a successful installation, instrument checkout and controller tuning.
- Project implementation and project management.
- Decision-making tools, namely, Auditing, Evaluation of Plant Needs, Justification, and Control System Evaluation.
- Introduction to Process Measurement and Control
- Pressure Measurement
- Force, Weight, & Motion Measurement
- Flow Measurement
- Level Measurement
- Temperature Measurement
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Final Control Elements
- Safety, Calibration, & Testing Procedures
Training’s target audience:
Technical and Supervisory Personnel, Machine operators & Consultants.